Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Current Ponderings

I am SOO SO SO SO excited to decorate my apartment in a week and a half; however, I'm getting overwhelming thinking about everything that I need/want for my room and bathroom. I refuse to have bare walls and no color to brighten up my days! My main thing is that I'm trying to save some money and craft most of my decorations, like pictures and whatnot.


Here's what I'm starting with:


Meet my new bedspread!


I really love how they paired the blue bedspread with this in the picture. That being said, I really want to bring out the blues when I start putting together wall decorations and for my bathroom. 

I had an idea of just getting a bunch of scrapbook paper that, in some way or another, matched my bedspread. I will probably put them in cheapish frames of different sizes above my desk.
Here's the paper I got for now : reds, blues, and pinks
And here's what I'm thinking of doing once I get some frames:

I'd also like to do something with the initial of my first name in it, likeeeeee….
or...



I bought a tan shower curtain today but I just found another one on target.com that is the perfect blue that I was going for in my bathroom! I will be doing some exchanging, for sure!
I think in my bathroom I'm going to stick to all blue, including rugs and towels. I thought I'd try to find a picture of a sailboat or something to add to the nautical feel as well. 

Here are a couple other random ideas I have :)

The Floating Vase (with a mixture of blue, pink, & white fake flowers)

Map hearts in a frame
I've never been big on having a bunch of heart-shaped objects in my room before, but I just LOVE this! Tis classy!

I really want to incorporate a framed quote somwhere. Lord knows I'll be needing some kind of motivation everyday considering I'll be taking a 5 credit physics course, anatomy, and 3 other classes….yikes!
THIS, with a light blue background in a frame. Well said...


Now you may see why I am overwhelming myself with ideas! But if I can just craft a few things up in the next week or two, I'll be good to go for move in :). 

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas from your own rooms?!

xoxo,
Meg







1 comment:

  1. Meg- I LOVE these ideas for your room!!! I am in the same exact boat right now... I move into my campus house in a few weeks, and I am just completely overwhelmed with interior decorating. It's basically all I can think about. What an exciting life I lead.

    But you must post pictures of the finished product! I can't wait to see it. I got a lot of cute prints off Etsy for my bedroom/kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete