Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Thank you God, for putting fresh flowers on Earth

But seriously, I don't think I could function as well without my weekly dose of fresh flowers!


Over the past few months, I've become obsessed with the Farmers Market! The one here in Charlottesville is hoppin' to say the least. Among my favorite finds at the Farmers Market, including an amazing local taco stand and unique tea/lemonade stand, are the abundance of stands that sell a variety of fresh flowers. Only the best. 


Here are some that I bought at the Farmer's Market a couple weeks ago- My boyfriend came to visit (!) and said I could pick out some…I picked this wildflower looking boquet! I think the color combination is absolutely gorgeous.

Dahlias! Sadly I took this took this picture when they had started to wilt a little. They're large and in charge! The only thing is that each dahlia was $3 each at this stand, so since I had spend all of my other cash on various food items that day, I only got one yellow and one pink. 


I think this arrangement was quite possibly my favorite. My phone camera pictures doesn't quite do it justice, but basically this was just one pink/red paradise of an arrangement. 

These, I did not get from the Farmers Market. My boyfriend called a florist in Charlottesville and had this beautiful fall arrangement delivered to my apartment this morning! AND it's in a cornucopia…doesn't get any more autumn-like than that!


In a nut shell, fresh flowers make the world go round!








No comments:

Post a Comment