Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sorority + Transfers?

Hiii!


So, I am transferring to a new University this fall and will be a junior. I so so excited to meet new people and be at a school that I love, and I think joining a sorority would be a great way to make friends right off the bat. Plus, it’s something that I’ve always wanted to get involved in. I would do informal rush most likely, which would be in the fall. Since greek life is pretty big at this particular school, I know that I’d be hard to get into one in the regular formal rush and I don’t even know if they would let a junior rush then. Basically what panhellinic says about informal rush is that it is up to the sororities whether or not they want to participate in informal, and they will be given a list of names and basically choose who to ask to their house, I think? So pretty much, I’m at a disadvantage in that 1) I don’t really know any girls in greek life at this school and 2) since informal rush will be in the fall, I wouldn’t really have much time to get to know people to where they would be able to distinguish my name from a list of other girls rushing. Does anyone have any advice for me?…or have any of you dealt with informal rush in your sororities? Would it help if I had an alumni write a letter once I find out what sororities are participating in informal? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :)

1 comment:

  1. If you'd like to send me an email I can talk to you about recruitment both formal and informal.

    mb04025@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete